August already…summer sure is flying by!
Given summer and the popularity of golf I thought I would share some unique golfing vacations.
When it comes to golf and travel there are so many more options than I ever knew were possible. The most popular trips include courses in Ireland and Scotland or more local to the US at resorts such as Pebble Beach. I am currently planning my second group trip to Pebble Beach for a group of 8…such an iconic and amazing resort.
I wanted to share some thoughts on golf trips you may not have even knew existed.
There are both ocean cruise and river cruise options. And what is great about them is you can go with other golfers, or you can go with a mix of golfers and non-golfers because while one group golfs, the other group has a wide array of other options for their day (i.e. Winery). Then you all meet back on board for a fabulous dinner.
Azamara cruise line has partnered with Perry Golf. While sure you can go to Europe and golf in Ireland or Scotland but how about courses in Africa, Middle East, Asia, or Australia? And Azamara is known for having more time at port so you can enjoy the destinations versus too much time on the water. Golf in multiple countries while only unpacking your suitcase one time.
They even have a package that ends the final days at the British Open!!!
Example of Golf Package Inclusions
- Green fees and starting times for each round of golf including shared use of electric golf cart OR caddies where available
- All transfers to and from the scheduled golf courses in luxury air-conditioned motor coaches
- Practice range and range golf balls where available
- Welcome & Farewell cocktail parties onboard with hors d’oeuvres
- Box lunch and beverages at each golf course
- Open bar with soft drinks, beer, and wine at each golf course
- “Golfers Social” gatherings onboard where scheduling permits, non-golfing spouses always welcome
- Casual tournament format with awards on one-day
- Management and handling of golf equipment by PerryGolf™ for the duration of the voyage
- All gratuities for golf related staff including drivers and golf bag handling staff
- Full-time PerryGolf™ Program Manager onboard and onsite at each golf course
Another option is river cruising. AmaWaterways has some fabulous options. They have a river cruise on the Danube where you can golf in Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia, and Hungary. All while only unpacking your suitcase one time!!! And here as well, if everyone in your group does not want to play golf they can go to a wine festival, Oktoberfest festival or visit a castle, just to name a few.
I can help you organize a golf trip for a single traveler or a group of 20 or more. Reach out for my support with Perks, Planning and Peace-of-Mind.